Female Sexual Health Screening
EARLY HIV / STD SCREENING
Rapid Expert HIV Test
Our Rapid Expert HIV test- is only available at CityDoc Moorgate, Oxford Circus, Canary Wharf. This extremely accurate DNA HIV test, provides Same Day/Next Day results. Our partner laboratory is the prestigious TDL (The Doctors Laboratory).
Early HIV Screen
At our other nationwide clinics-our alternative earliest test is the Early HIV Screen. This screen provides accurate results using DNA (PCR) testing from 10 days after contact for both HIV 1 and 2 and hepatitis C. Results are available within 4-6 working days (Rest of UK).
Cost: £260 includes consultation
PREMIER FEMALE SCREEN
This screen is appropriate for testing from 4 weeks post contact. Blood results are available within 4-5 hours at our Flagship Moorgate/Oxford Circus Clinics* and 2 days at all our other UK Clinics*.
- Rapid Blood testing-HIV Duo Test, Hepatitis B, Syphilis, Hepatitis C. 4-5 hr results (Canary Wharf/Moorgate/Oxford Circus) 2 Days* (Rest UK)
- Chlamydia/Gonorrhoea-self vaginal swab (results 2 working days)* Fast track optional extra £30. 4-5 hrs -Flagship Canary Wharf/Moorgate/Oxford Circus Clinics* and 2 days at all our other UK Clinics*.
Cost: £260 includes consultation
FAST TRACK STD TESTING
Choose our rapid Chlamydia/Gonorrhea test with results in 4-5 hrs (Moorgate/Oxford Circus) and 2 days at all our other UK Clinics*.
FEMALE PLATINUM SCREEN
This is our most comprehensive screen and includes
- HIV Duo Test, Hepatitis B and C tests, Syphilis test (results in 4-5 hrs Moorgate/Oxford Circus*)
- Chlamydia/Gonorrhoea (48 hrs)
- Herpes 1/2 PCR testing
- HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) swab testing for common and high risk subtypes of the Wart virus.
Results Herpes/HPV 3-5 days (Moorgate/Oxford Circus) and 4-6 days (Rest of UK)*.
Cost: £395 includes consultation. Available at all our UK Clinics.
Female HPV Testing
- Available at all our clinics nationwide as a stand alone test
- HPV DNA with individual reporting of all subtypes 16, 18, 31, 33, 35, 39, 45, 51, 52,56, 58, 59, 66, 68.
Results HPV 3-5 days (London) and 4-6 days (Rest of UK)*.
Cost: £200 includes consultation
For clients with lower vaginal symptoms such as discharge we advise one of our symptomatic screens. Our Female Symptomatic screen includes a high vaginal swab for lower vaginal infections and 6in 1 PCR Vaginal Swab analysis. Screen includes chlamydia/gonorrhoea, herpes 1/2, mycoplasma genitalium, ureaplasma, thrush, bacterial vaginosis and trichomonas vaginalis (results 2 working days)*
See section Symptomatic Screening.
New 9 Vaccination
The new 9 vaccine provides immunity to 9 subtypes of HPV. (The previous 4 valent version provided coverage against subtypes 6,11, 16, 18).
The following 7 High Risk HPV Subtypes are contained within the vaccination (HPV 16, 18, 31, 33, 45, 52 and 58) which cause approximately 90 % cases of cervical cancer and HPV related anal cancer.
The low-risk HPV subtypes (6 and 11 ) cause 90 % of genital wart cases.
Who can have the vaccine?
9 vaccine can be given to both men and women from the age of 9 years, up until age of 27.
(The First dose should be issued before your 27th birthday and subsequent doses completed within 12 months of dose 1)
It is a very effective and well tolerated vaccine.
The vaccine works best when given before you have contracted HPV infection.
Your local CityDoc clinician can discuss whether the vaccine is appropriate for you.
How is it given?
The 9 vaccine consists of 3 doses given over 6 months.
- Dose 1 – at your chosen date.
- Dose 2 – Two months after first dose
- Dose 3 – Six months after first dose
*Fast Track Chlamydia/Gonorrhoea 4-5 hrs if taken before 1pm, otherwise next morning.