Male Sexual Health Screening
EARLY HIV / STD SCREENING
Rapid Expert HIV Test
Our Rapid Expert HIV test- is only available at CityDoc Moorgate, Oxford Circus, Canary Wharf. This extremely accurate DNA HIV test, provides Same Day/Next Day results. Our partner laboratory is the prestigious TDL (The Doctors Laboratory).
Early HIV Screen
At our other nationwide clinics-our alternative earliest test is the Early HIV Screen. This screen provides accurate results using DNA (PCR) testing from 10 days after contact for both HIV 1 and 2 and hepatitis C. Results are available within 4-6 working days (Rest of UK).
Cost: £260 includes consultation
Premier MALE SCREEN
This screen is appropriate for testing from 4 weeks post contact. It has the advantage that blood results are available within 4 hours at our London STD Clinics and next day at all our other UK Clinics*.
- Rapid Blood testing – HIV Duo Test, Hepatitis B, Syphilis,Hepatitis C *4-5 hr results (Moorgate/Oxford Circus/Canary Wharf) 2 Days* (Rest UK)
- Chlamydia/Gonorrhoea-urine test or swab (results 48 hrs)* Fast track -optional extra £30. *4-5 Hrs (Moorgate/Oxford Circus/Canary Wharf)or Next Day Rest Of UK.
- Please do pass urine for more than two hours.
Cost: £270 includes consultation
MALE PLATINUM MALE SCREEN
This is our most comprehensive screen and includes
- HIV Duo Test, Hepatitis B and C tests, Syphilis test (results in 4-5 hours Moorgate/Oxford Circus/Canary Wharf*)
- Chlamydia/Gonorrhoea (48 hrs)
- Optional swab for NSU (non specific urethritis) for clients with discharge
- Herpes 1/2 PCR testing (3-5 working days)
- HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) swab testing for 20 different serotypes of Wart virus (3-5 working days)
Cost: £395 includes consultation
Available only at our Flagship clinics-Moorgate/Oxford Circus.
FAST TRACK STD TESTING
Choose our rapid Chlamydia/Gonorrhea test with results in 4-5 hrs (Moorgate/Oxford Circus/Canary Wharf) or 2 Days rest of UK.
For clients with urethral symptoms such as discharge we advise one of our symptomatic screens. Our Male Symptomatic screen include testing for Mycoplasma/ureaplasma/Trichomonas.(results 2 working days)*
See section Symptomatic Screening.
New 9 (HPV VACCINE FOR GENITAL WARTS AND GENITAL CANCER)
The new 9 vaccine provides immunity to 9 subtypes of HPV. (The previous 4 valent version provided coverage against subtypes 6,11, 16, 18).
The following 7 High Risk HPV Subtypes are contained within the vaccination (HPV 16, 18, 31, 33, 45, 52 and 58) which cause approximately 90 % cases of cervical cancer and HPV related anal cancer.
The low-risk HPV subtypes (6 and 11 ) cause 90 % of genital wart cases.
Who can have the vaccine?
9 vaccine can be given to both men and women from the age of 9 years, up until age of 27.
(The First dose should be issued before your 27th birthday and subsequent doses completed within 12 months of dose 1)
It is a very effective and well tolerated vaccine.
The vaccine works best when given before you have contracted HPV infection.
Your local CityDoc clinician can discuss whether the vaccine is appropriate for you.
How is it given?
The 9 vaccine consists of 3 doses given over 6 months.
- Dose 1 – at your chosen date.
- Dose 2 – Two months after first dose
- Dose 3 – Six months after first dose
*Fast Track Chlamydia/Gonorrhoea 4-5 hrs if taken before 1pm otherwise Next Day.