TRAVEL CLINICS IN BRISTOL
CITYDOC IS YOUR LOCAL LEADING PROVIDER OF TRAVEL VACCINATIONS
8 Redcliff Hill,
205 Avonmouth Rd,
QUICK & EASY ONLINE BOOKING AT ONE OF CITYDOC’S BRISTOL TRAVEL CLINICS
TRAVEL CLINIC FEES
|VACCINE||PRICE PER DOSE|
|**FREE Consultation - if any purchase is made during the initial consultation|
|Diphtheria, Tetanus and Polio||£40|
|Hepatitis A (Adult)||£60|
|Hepatitis B (Adult)||£60|
|Hepatitis A and B (Adult)||£85|
|Hepatitis A (Paeds)||£55|
|Measles Mumps Rubella||£50|
|Tick Borne Encephalitis (adult/junior)||£65*|
|Yellow Fever including certification||£65|
|Hepatitis B (Paeds)||£40|
|Hepatitis A and B (Paediatric)||£65 - select locations|
* Not routinely stocked apart from Flagship Locations
Our Bristol Vaccination Service
Our travel health experts are highly trained to provide you with the most update vaccination information, tailored to your individual requirements. CityDoc has seen over 250, 000 clients since its inception in 2006.
We can provide you with general advice for preparing for your trip and specific vaccine information based on the latest expert recommendations. Our clinical staff use Travax (a valued NHS resource for travel health professionals) to provide you with most accurate and up to date information available.
Supported by a Harley street based team of travel doctors, we are able to provide assistance regarding specialist areas for example- travelling to Yellow Fever regions if pregnant or if you have HIV.
Additional reasons to choose CityDoc
- All ages of client seen
- No hidden charges
- No consultation fee
- Discounted common vaccination packages (hepatitis A/typhoid and Diptheria/tetanus/polio)
- Registered Yellow Fever Centres
ESSENTIAL TRAVEL VACCINATIONS
After carrying our travel risk assessment, we will advise you of the appropriate vaccines for your specific itinerary. We will divide our recommendations into those jabs which are highly recommended and those which should be considered.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED VACCINES
A viral illness, which leads to liver inflammation (hepatitis). Spread via contaminated food/liquids.
- joint and muscle pain
- a mild fever
- upper stomach aches
- Hepatitis A is a viral liver illness that can cause mild to severe symptoms
- Transmitted through ingestion of contaminated food and water
- Majority recover fully from hepatitis A and then develop a lifelong immunity. Tiny minority develop acute liver failure and could die from fulminant hepatitis.
- The risk of hepatitis A infection is associated with a lack of safe water, and poor sanitation and hygiene (such as dirty hands).
- 1.2 million symptomatic cases each year
- The vaccine is very effective and safe (dead vaccine)
|Age range||Number of doses||Interval Between doses||Booster Requirement|
|From 1 year of age||2 doses||6-12 months||Booster required after 25 years for ongoing risk|
Typhoid fever is a serious life threatening bacterial infection transmitted when travellers eat contaminated food or liquids.
- a high temperature
- headaches and general malaise
- generalised muscle pain
- abdominal discomfort
- nausea and anorexia
- Constipation (adults) and diarrhoea (children)
- Common in developing world , affects 21.5 million individuals
- Preventable condition through vaccination and good hygiene methods
- Typhoid fever can be treated with antibiotics
- A minority of those infected, recover but continue to carry the bacterium which they excrete in their stool-“carriers”.
|Age range||Method of Administration||Number of doses|
|From 2 years of age||Intramuscular injection to the deltoid muscle||1 dose|
Tetanus is a serious infection due to a bacterium found commonly in soil, which infects the individual damaging their nervous system, causing muscle spasm in affected regions of the body.
|Age range||Method of Administration||Number of doses||Booster Requirement|
|From 10 yrs of age||Intramuscular injection to the deltoid muscle||1 dose||Booster required every 10 yrs if travelling to developing countries|
Our Bristol Medical Services
Travel Health – Comprehensive range of vaccinations
Speciality Children’s Inoculations – Chickenpox, Group B Meningitis Vaccines
Private Blood tests – includes-Hepatitis B/C,Liver function, Kidney, Diabetes, Cholesterol, Prostate
Healthcare Worker -BCG scar checks, mandatory vaccines for work such as MMR and hepatitis B.